Hanaori Small Table Center (Dining Mat) & Coaster【set of 2 for each】
Laisser son mail pour recevoir un message quand le produit sera de nouveau en stock
Détails du produit
Yomitan Hanaori boasts an approximately 600-year history, but standing the test of time was no easy feat. Only through the passion and efforts of the women of Yomitan, this art can continue to be enjoyed today. Nowadays, it is recognized as an intangible cultural asset in the Okinawa Prefecture and a traditional craft designated by the Minister of Economy, Trade, and Industry – It’s no wonder people flock from all over the country to get their hands on it! And don’t forget this: everything is done by hand by local women.
Yomitan weaving is made of silk and cotton and the dye is extracted from local plants, including Ryukyu indigo, China root, autumn olive, and fukugi (happiness tree). The Ryukyu indigo dye is a deep navy blue color and the fukugi dye comes out yellow.
In all the pieces you can find these patterns: Jinbana (money flower): A pattern resembling money, hoping that it may make you wealthy. Ojibana (fan flower): A flower that resembles a spreading hand fan, symbolizing a wish for the prosperity of one’s descendants. Kajimaya (Pinwheel flower): A pinwheel design inspired by the Okinawan custom of handing a pinwheel to those who turn 97 to wish for long life.
Check the color variation:
- Mat: blue, yellow, green, navy, orange, red.
- Coaster: light blue, orange, yellow-green, red, yellow, navy.
There are some color variations for this item. Please choose 2 colors for the mat and 2 colors for the coaster and write your selection in the "Additional comment" section on the cart page (for example: I requested blue for the mat and blue&green for the coaster).
Regarding Okinawa’s Traditional Crafts:
Traditional crafts are designated by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry in accordance with the Densan Law (implemented to promote traditional crafts industries).
They must meet the following conditions:
- It must be a product used in everyday life.
- The main components must be handmade to a high standard.
- Traditional techniques and technology must be used to manufacture the product. Technology and techniques used should have a history of at least 100 years and must still be used today.
- The product should be made from the traditional raw materials originally used to make the item.
- Production must be carried out in their established region.
① Yomitan Flower Weaving is individually manufactured and as such, each product will have its own individual attributes. Each product is completely unique and there might be slight differences in pattern, shape, color, or size between the images on the website and the received product.
② Products are also sold at the Yomitan Village store, and depending on your time of purchase, the product may have already been sold in-store. In situations where the product is out of stock at the time of purchase, you’ll be contacted to either cancel your order or choose an alternative product.
- Hand washing only
- Use neutral detergent
- Do not use bleach
- Do not scrub, twist or bunch while handwashing
- Iron only the backside
- After numerous washings, apply spray glue on the backside and iron after drying to bring back the original texture
- Do not leave under direct sunlight as it will cause bleaching
- Table Mat→ Size: 46×28cm, Weight: 50g
- Coaster→ Size: 11.5×10cm, Weight: 7g
Le site internet Voyapon existe depuis 2015, lorsque notre équipe envisage l'idée d'offrir plus de visibilité au Japon « hors des sentiers battus » dans le monde anglophone, francophone, espagnol, italien et germanophone. Depuis, nos rédacteurs ont créé plus de 3000 articles mettant en lumière certaines régions du Japon que peu de visiteurs étrangers ont eu la chance de visiter. Nous espérons que notre travail acharné a contribué à aider à la connexion des régions les moins fréquentées du Japon avec le reste du monde.